Wednesday, 25 March 2009

Evaluation: Addressing My Audience

My product addressed its audience in an informal way. I tried to connect with the reader by appealing to their interests. I used colours that would stand out to then, bright reds and yellows against black. I used images of people within the age range of my target audience, so that my audience would be able to relate easily to them. I used one main simple cover line to gain the reader’s attention, rather than overloading the page. Along with this cover line I included the names of bands that would also be featured in the magazine, as well as showing posters that will be included. In my article I tried to make the interview seem like a real conversation, which the reader would be able to relate to, and asked questions I felt the readers themselves would ask a band. I used abbreviations, exclamation marks and colloquial language to appeal to my readers’. I have occasionally addressed my readers directly with 2nd person pronouns, for example ‘you’. I have used images of subjects that my audience can relate to and have used colours, language and music that will make my target audience want to buy my magazine, through appealing to their taste in music and their style.

No comments: